1. GET INVOLVED AT YOUR FACILITY
According to OSHA, employee involvement is essential to the success of any workplace violence prevention programs.
At a minimum, it is recommended that nurses do the following:
- Become familiar with the organization’s workplace violence prevention program and policies
- Attend personal safety training programs offered by the organization
- Participate in safety, health and security committees
- Participate in employee complaint or suggestion procedures
- Report violent incidents promptly and accurately