Sneak Peek at the 2022 Campus Safety Conference Texas Agenda
Session topics unique to CSC Texas include creating partnerships between officers and social workers and threat assessment decision-making for leaders.
It’s going to be a busy couple of weeks for the Campus Safety team as we eagerly finalize details for the upcoming Campus Safety Conference Texas in Fort Worth, (July 18-20), and Campus Safety Conference West in Los Angeles (August 2-4)!
With a successful Campus Safety Conference East under our belts, we’re excited for the second conference in Fort Worth. In addition to dozens of vendors touting the latest safety and security products and technologies, CSC Texas will be chock-full of unique and valuable educational sessions led by industry experts.
This year’s program includes sessions on incident response, threat assessments, available federal resources, scenario training, digital threat assessments, and mental health, among others. Sessions range from 4-hour, in-depth workshops to 30-minute open forum “hot topic” discussions.
On July 20, in place of a traditional keynote, GroupProjects Live will bring participants to speak directly with industry experts and peers in a new, discussion-based format. GroupProjects Live will allow attendees to work in a conversational environment, creating an open dialogue around safety and security topics affecting K-12 schools and institutions of higher education today.
If you can only make it for one day or plan on immersing yourself in the full 3-day experience, everyone will leave with actionable knowledge to take back to their campuses.
Here are a few of the valuable sessions that will be covered only at CSC Texas:
- Why Your Campus Is Not Ready for an Active Shooter Incident
- The Challenges and Advantages of a Comprehensive Public Safety Program
- Redefining School Policing: The Partnership Between Officers and Social Workers
- Beyond Threat Assessment: Decision-Making for Leaders
- Staff with Concealed Weapons on Campus: Security Enhancement or Liability?
Other topics that will be covered include:
- Responding to Students with Autism
- Getting Buy-in for Your Campus Security & Safety Programs
- Suicide Prevention for Students of Color
- Addressing Communication Challenges During a Crisis
- Federal School Safety Clearinghouse and SchoolSafety.gov Grant Funding Opportunities
- Scenario Training and Tabletop Exercises
- How to Use Best Practices to Develop a Holistic Security Management Plan
- Transitioning from Desktop to Cloud-Based Card Issuance Software
- Emergency Notification: Fire Life Safety vs. Public Address Solutions
- And Much More!
For more information and to register for CSC Texas, visit CampusSafetyConference.com/Texas/Registration.
Can’t make CSC Texas? CSC West is August 2-4 in Los Angeles. The agenda for this event can be found here.
If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!