Announcing the Campus Safety 2022 Higher Education Director of the Year Finalists
Congratulations to this year’s college and university finalists of our Director of the Year awards program!
The accomplishments of this year’s college and university finalists run the gamut, from making officer salaries more competitive to leading their campus response during and after weather emergencies. Some of their other achievements include:
- Installing internal locks on classroom doors to prevent the entry of active assailants
- Coordinating campus vaccination clinics
- Adopting AI-based software to recognize potential threats in digital communications
- Increasing officer training
- Installing hundreds of security cameras to provide real-time intelligence on campus incidents and activity
- Improving Clery Act compliance via improved crime tracking methods
- Achieving significant cost savings via various methods
All of this and much, much more was achieved during a pandemic, making this year’s finalists all the more impressive. Be sure to click on their profiles and photos below to see what else they’ve accomplished.
The higher education Campus Safety Director of the Year finalists are:
- Anthony Berryhill, Chief of Police, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee. View his profile & photos.
- Stephanie Hill, Chief of Police, Central State University, Wilberforce, Ohio. View her profile & photos.
- Anthony Pluretti, Executive Director of Campus Safety, Widener University, Chester, Pennsylvania. View his profile & photos.
- Douglas Roberts, Chief of Police, Missouri S&T, Rolla, Missouri. View his profile & photos.
- Andy Stephenson, Chief of Police, Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina. View his profile & photos.
- Ginger Walker, Director of Emergency Management, University of Houston, Houston, Texas. View her profile & photos.
The Director of the Year winners and runners-up will be announced at Campus Safety Conference East, which will be held June 20-22 in Bethesda, Maryland. For more information on the Campus Safety Conference, visit CampusSafetyConference.com.