Don’t Miss These Sessions at the 2022 Campus Safety Conference West!
Session topics unique to CSC West include how to deescalate violent confrontations and Clery communications.
Less than two weeks after Campus Safety Conference Texas wraps up in Fort Worth, we’re heading to sunny Los Angeles for Campus Safety Conference West, happening August 2-4.
In addition to dozens of vendors touting the latest safety and security products and technologies, CSC West is filled with exceptional and priceless educational sessions led by industry experts. This year’s program includes sessions on incident response, available federal resources, tabletop exercises, student/parent reunification, and mental health, among others. Sessions range from 4-hour, in-depth workshops to 30-minute open forum “hot topic” discussions.
On August 4, in place of a traditional keynote, GroupProjects Live will bring participants to speak directly with industry experts and peers in a discussion-based format, creating an open dialogue around safety and security topics affecting K-12 schools and institutions of higher education. CSC East attendees said this invigorated “keynote” was a great way to connect with other attendees and share what has and hasn’t worked for their campuses regarding various topics.
Whether you can only make it for one day or plan on joining us for all three, every attendee will receive valuable information and resources to take home and share with their campus constituents.
Here are a few of the valuable sessions that will be covered only at CSC West:
- How to Effectively Deescalate Violent Confrontations
- Integrated School Security: What Leaders Need and Want to Know
- Balancing Security with Learning Environments
- How AI Can Be Used as a Tool to Augment Physical Security
- Clery & Crisis: Communications That Protect Your Campus Population
- Creating a Usable Exercise to Reduce Risks & Improving Timely Warning & Emergency Notification Programs
Other topics that will be covered include:
- The Role of Culture and Climate in Campus Security
- Trauma-Informed Campus Policing
- Human Trafficking on K-12 and College Campuses
- Enhancing Student Mental Health and Wellness Supports Through Technology
- Moving From Initial Threat Assessment to Management
- Digital Threat Assessment: The Missing Link for School Safety and Threat Assessment Teams
- Tips for Successfully Working with Your Local Media During a Crisis
- And Much More!
For more information and to register for CSC West, visit CampusSafetyConference.com/West/Registration.
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!
Leave a Reply