Registration for the 2021 IAHSS Annual Conference and Exhibition Now Open
Register by September 24 and save up to $250. The event is being held November 8-10 in Myrtle Beach.
Registration for the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) 53rd Annual Conference and Exhibition is now open. The event will take place November 8-10 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and healthcare security professionals can attend in-person or virtually.
The event will provide relevant real-word sessions and keynote speakers for healthcare security, safety, emergency management and law enforcement leaders. Attendees will also find solutions to their most pressing security, safety and emergency management needs in the exhibition hall.
Some of the can’t-miss sessions will include:
- Presenting and Communicating with Impact and Persuading with Ease: Craig Valentine, World Champion of Public Speaking, will give you the top tools to keep your audiences on the edge of their seats and influence them to take action. Whether communicating with an audience of 1 of 1000, you will pick up tools to motivate, inspire and confidently deliver your message in a memorable way.
- The Ten Families of Risk: Everything we do in life involves a level of risk- and the same is true with what you do professionally. Since we do thousands of different things at work- how can you possibly start to “Recognize” the real risks you face. In this session, Gordon puts all the “risks” you face into ten families. This makes the “Recognition”, “Prioritization” (what is important now) and “Mobilization” (doing something to change outcomes) approach to addressing risks proactively so we can reduce exposure from that given risk.
- Realistic De-Escalation: William J. Lewinski will present strategies and techniques to improve one’s ability to work with persons in distress by establishing control, enhancing skills to establish contact, build rapport, and gain influence to achieve a successful outcome. In addition, this session addresses the rhetoric prevalent in today’s emotionally charged atmosphere and unbiasedly focuses on the proven scientific realities surrounding human behavior as they apply to efforts to de-escalate situations.
- The Joint Commission (TJC) Presentation on Workplace Violence Prevention Standards: Hear directly from The Joint Commission experts that developed the new Workplace Violence Prevention Requirements. Antigone E. Kokalias, MBA, MSN, RN, TJC Project Director and James Kendig, MS, CHSP, HEM, TJC, Field Director, Surveyor Management and Development Accreditation and Certification Operations, will share key concepts used to develop the new workplace violence prevention requirements. In addition, The Joint Commission will address the specific requirements and cover how the TJC would survey these new requirements.
Attendees will also learn from their peers on the following topics:
- Workplace Violence in Healthcare: What’s it Cost?
- How to Build a Security Road Map that is Flexible, Scalable and Includes Future-Thinking Technologies
- Addressing Workplace Violence: Insider Secrets to Executing a Systematic Approach and Achieving Positive Organizational Outcomes
- Detecting Suspicious Behavior through Kinesics
- Using audio and video technology for proactive response to critical events in healthcare
- Data Driven vs. Data Informed – A New Perspective in Security Management
- Training security as ED psychiatric assistance to both improve care and decrease violence.
- Healthcare Security Management – Succession Planing for Future Leaders
- Impactful Mentorship: Success for Mentors & Mentees
- Emergency Nursing Prevention, Intervention and Response to Workplace Violence
- Leveraging Technology to Reduce Incidents
- Mitigating the Impact of Civil Unrest on Hospital Operations
- Human Trafficking and Hospitals – Recognizing the signs of human trafficking victims and build optimum security support plans.
- Two Parts Down-under: Reducing Violence and Aggression Through the Implementation of a Proactive Clinical and Security Hybrid Model
- Moving from proprietary to contract and back to proprietary
- Updates about the data warehouse project, the crime survey and guidelines
Healthcare professionals who register by September 24 can save up to $250. To register, visit IAHSS.org.
If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!