Director of the Year Nomination Period Extended 1 Week
It has come to our attention that those of you affected by Hurricane Sandy might have difficulty submitting your Campus Safety Director of the Year nominations by our original deadline of Nov. 1. Because of this, we have extended the entry submission deadline to FRIDAY, NOV. 9.
Additional information on the program can be found below. Good luck!
-Robin Hattersley Gray, Executive Editor, Campus Safety magazine
Campus Safety magazine is pleased to once again announce that it is now accepting nominations for the 2012 Campus Safety Director of the Year program. Nominations are due or should be postmarked by Nov. 1.
If you know a hospital, school or university campus police chief, director of public safety and security, emergency manager or other administrator responsible for campus protection who goes above and beyond the call of duty, demonstrating outstanding leadership skills, ingenuity, selflessness and overall achievement, we encourage you to submit his or her (or your) nomination.
Now in its seventh year, the CS Director of the Year program highlights the achievements of campus public safety executives in North America.
How to Win
Following these four steps will ensure your nomination has the best chance of getting the judges’ attention:
- Clearly describe in a reasonable amount of detail the accomplishments of your nominee
- Provide specific examples that demonstrate his or her achievements
- Whenever possible, provide quantifiable data as to why your nominee deserves to win
- Get your materials in on time (by Nov. 1), including recommendations from other administrators and employees.
The award winner will receive special editorial coverage in a future issue of CS; recognition in the campus safety and security community; and a custom plaque.
Good luck to all of our nominees. May the best director win!
- 2011 Campus Safety Director of the Year Winners
- 2011 Director of the Year Winner, Higher Education: Nicholls State U. Craig Jaccuzzo
- 2010 Director of the Year Winner: CSUSB Chief of Police Jimmie Brown
- 2009 Director of the Year, Education Sector: MSUM’s Director of Security Michael Parks
- 2009 Director of the Year, Healthcare Sector: Aultman Hospital Director of Security & Parking Services David Dougherty
- 2008 Director of the Year Winner, Healthcare Sector: LifeBridge Health Systems Director of Security Roger Sheets Sr.
- 2008 Director of the Year Winner, Education Sector: US Davis Chief of Police Annette Spicuzza
- 2007 Director of the Year Winners, Education & Healthcare Sectors: University of Miami Chief of Police David Rivero & Massachusetts General Director of Police, Security & Outside Services Bonnie Michelman
- 2006 Director of the Year Winner, Education: George Washington U. Chief of Police Dolores Stafford
- 2006 Director of the Year Winner, Healthcare: Atlantic Health Director of Protection & Security Services Alan Robinson
Read More Articles Like This… With A FREE Subscription
Campus Safety magazine is another great resource for public safety, security and emergency management professionals. It covers all aspects of campus safety, including access control, video surveillance, mass notification and security staff practices. Whether you work in K-12, higher ed, a hospital or corporation, Campus Safety magazine is here to help you do your job better!