Why You Should Attend the 10th Annual Campus Safety Conferences
Now in its tenth year, the Campus Safety Conferences deliver timely, actionable information and offer meaningful networking opportunities for campus protection professionals.
Taking place in Henderson, Nevada (July 10-12), and Dallas, Texas (July 31-August 2), the Campus Safety Conferences (CSC) are intensive educational and training events for those involved in protecting our nation’s schools and institutions of higher education. If you are responsible for technology, public safety, facilities management, emergency management, IT, risk management, or administration on an educational campus, the Campus Safety Conferences are for you!
The CSCs feature critical safety and security sessions for K-12 and college campuses, full-day, hands-on-learning workshops, 50+ product and solution providers, and extensive opportunities to network with campus peers from across the country.
The theme for the 2023 Campus Safety Conferences is “Prepare to Prevent.” From previous incidents that have occurred on K-12 and college campuses, we’ve learned that many are preventable with the proper preparations. While you can’t prevent everything, there are steps that can be taken to lower your campus’ chances of experiencing an incident and to lessen its impact. By sharing experiences and leading practices, the CSCs can help your college or school/district add to its safety toolkit to better prevent, respond to, mitigate, and recover from incidents.
Here are some benefits of attending:
- Learn from fellow school and university leaders during 2 1/2 days of information-packed interactive sessions.
- Meet police chiefs, security directors, emergency managers, facilities directors, and other senior-level administrators from schools and universities around the nation.
- Find out what new technologies and programs are being implemented at other K-12, college, and university campuses during important group discussions.
- Raffles and prizes! You could even win a free conference pass and hotel accommodations to attend CSC in 2024.
2023 Campus Safety Conference Sessions
Led by seasoned subject-matter experts, CSC sessions cover a wide variety of safety and security topics impacting schools and colleges today. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the session titles:
- Conducting School Safety Assessments
- Campus Sexual Assault Investigations: Using Modern Technology, Training, and Campus Resources
Applying CPTED to Your Facility
- High Altitude School Safety: Using Drones in the K-12 Environment
- How Innovative School Safety & Policing Can Transform Campus Culture
- Preventing School Violence: Personnel, Funding, Training, and Tools to Protect the K-12 Community
- Leadership Lesson Learned from a Crisis Utilizing the After-Action Review Model
- Situational Awareness: Scenario Training and Tabletop Exercises
The Role of School Governance in School Safety
Now is the best time to register and receive our Early Bird rate through March 31. You can register here. If you would like to bring multiple people from your campus, groups of four or more will receive a team discount! Contact Adrian Dalton at [email protected] or call 774-505-8026 for more information about team pricing.
P.S. Campus Safety Conferences at EDspaces will take place Nov. 7-9 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Registration will open in the spring of 2023. Check out our site for more information!
Thank you to our higher education partners
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!
Leave a Reply