HID Releases FARGO® DTC1500XE ID Card Printer
HID’s new printer provides convenience and a high-quality product at a low cost for government ID projects, higher ed. and K-12 schools and hospitals.
HID, a maker of identity solutions, introduces the FARGO® DTC1500XE ID Card Printer, designed specifically for ID projects in mind for the, higher education, K-12 schools, and health care facilities. The printer allows these organizations to issue highly secure cards and IDs to employees, patients, visitors and more.
The printer has built-in security features such as data protection and custom overlay watermark which allows for a customized transparent security image (ie. logo, symbol, text). That way, duplication of the card becomes virtually impossible, according to the company.
These security upgrades will fight against counterfeiters without spending the extra money on holographic overlaminates or foil cards. Password production and data encryption are also available for an added line of security. The high-capacity, full and half-panel color ribbons cut down on costs while still producing a high-quality product.
The latest product in the EX Series Card Printers is also earth-friendly, having been certified by GreenCircle® for efficient energy consumption and eco-friendly refill ribbons.
Additional product features include:
- Custom watermark overlay and resin scramble data protection
- Password-protected printer operation and AES data encryption
- High-capacity ribbon consumables
- Resin threshold
- Built-in Ethernet and USB connection for centralized or remote ID card issuance
- FARGO® Workbench™ diagnostic utility for printer maintenance
facilitation, including Color Assist™ spot-color matching
- Interoperable with Asure ID® card personalization software for
badge design, database management and technology card
Optional features include:
- Built-in dual-side printing with an RFID tag
- Card lamination module
- Technology card encoders that allow you to easily migrate to contact and contactless smart card technologies
- A WiFi accessory to print anywhere, anytime
For more information on the FARGO® DTC1500XE ID Card Printer, click here.
Read More Articles Like This… With A FREE Subscription
Campus Safety magazine is another great resource for public safety, security and emergency management professionals. It covers all aspects of campus safety, including access control, video surveillance, mass notification and security staff practices. Whether you work in K-12, higher ed, a hospital or corporation, Campus Safety magazine is here to help you do your job better!