Patient Set on Fire During Surgery

SCARBOROUGH, England — A patient at Scarborough Hospital was accidentally set on fire during surgery.

A solution used to clean the patient’s skin ignited during the procedure, BBC News reports. The patient was treated for the injury and transferred to Castle Hill Hospital before being returned to Scarborough.

The fire set off an alarm and 15 firefighters responded; however, they were not needed.

Read the full story.

Related Articles:

If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!

Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century

This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!

Get Our Newsletters
Campus Safety Conference promo