LAPD Chief Charlie Beck to Deliver Keynote at Campus Safety Conference
Keynote will take place Friday, Aug. 1 at 9:45 a.m. at the Radisson Hotel Midtown at USC.
LOS ANGELES—The Campus Safety Conference is pleased to announce that Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Chief Charlie Beck will be delivering the keynote on Friday, Aug. 1.
Chief Beck’s Keynote presentation will highlight:
- The importance of traditional law enforcement, and schools and universities working together to keep campuses safe
- How to effectively work with other campus law enforcement agencies to improve campus safety and security
- Examples of incidents that were prevented or mitigated as a result of the LAPD and schools or universities working together
- Key issues that pose challenges to the LAPD and schools/universities with regard to safety and security
- The future of the LAPD and its campus partners
In addition to Chief Beck’s presentation, the Campus Safety Conference will feature educational sessions on hot topics, such as Clery/Title IX compliance, K-12 school active shooter response, campus emergency management and mass notification, campus access control and visitor management, and more. The event will also provide attendees with the opportunity to network with their peers and preview products and services from today’s top security and law enforcement solutions providers. Register today!
The Campus Safety Conference is the premier event for K-12 schools and university police agencies, administrators and campus stakeholders who are actively engaged in the development and implementation of safety procedures and responsive strategies. It will take place July 31-Aug. 1 at the Radisson Hotel Los Angeles, Midtown at USC.
Interested in sponsoring the Campus Safety Conference? Click here for more information.
If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!