Clery Act and Title IX Compliance Resources for Colleges
There have been several Clery Act and Title IX complaints filed against institutions of higher ed lately. The resources listed here can help your college comply with these laws.
With Dartmouth College, UC Berkley, the University of North Carolina, Occidental College, the University of Texas at Arlington and Swarthmore College all facing complaints of non-compliance with the Clery Act and/or Title IX, it would be behoove all institutions of higher education to review their sexual violence policies.
Here are links to articles Campus Safety has run in the past the can get you up-to-date on the best practices related to sexual assault investigations, relationship violence, hazing and discrimination:
- How to Investigate Campus Sexual Assaults
- Abuse: The Dark Side of Dating on Campus
- April 2011 ‘Dear Colleague’ Letter on Sex Crime Protocol
- Clery Act Fines Increased to $35K Per Violation
- Clery Reporting: Whose Job Is It Anyway?
- Clery Center: Incident Reporting Has Improved but Could Be Better
- Additional Clery Compliance Guidance
- Specific guidelines on emergency notification, emergency response policies and testing.
- Specific guidelines on missing students.
- Specific guidelines on the new fire incident reporting requirements.
Read More Articles Like This… With A FREE Subscription
Campus Safety magazine is another great resource for public safety, security and emergency management professionals. It covers all aspects of campus safety, including access control, video surveillance, mass notification and security staff practices. Whether you work in K-12, higher ed, a hospital or corporation, Campus Safety magazine is here to help you do your job better!