By CS Staff · May 9, 2012
NAPA, Calif. — A psych tech and several other staffers at Napa State Hospital were injured on May 8 when a patient became irritated and fought staffers who tried to calm him.
One staff member suffered a serious leg injury during the altercation and underwent surgery at local hospital, ABC 7 reports. The attack occurred in a unit housing patients who have been committed by their families or through court ordered conservatorship programs, not the criminally insane.
The patient was arrested.
- Psychiatric Hospital Worker Slain by Patient
- Patient Threatened Hospital Employee Prior to Murder
- Mental Health Workers Feel Unsafe on the Job
- Possible Medical Causes of Abnormal Subject Behavior
- Responding to Abusive Patient Behavior (Part III of III): Reducing the Risks of Restraints