SHELBYVILLE, Ind. — A six-year-old student was charged with battery and intimidation after allegedly assaulting the principal of Hendricks Elementary School.
School officials contacted police on April 18 after the kindergartener reportedly kicked Principal Pat Lumbley and threatened another staff member, Fox 59 reports. The student had recently returned to school after being suspended for hitting and biting a teacher.
Lumbley said the police were contacted as a last resort.
- Police Handcuff 6-Year-Old After Tantrum
- How to Start a Youth Intervention Program
- 8 Verbal Indicators of Violence
- Student Bullying
- When Confronting Bullying, Public Safety Can’t Go It Alone
- Are Safety Issues Driving Away Your Students?