Rapid Response, When Every Second Counts
Intrado is reshaping the landscape of school safety, offering innovative technology solutions like the new Intrado Wearable Panic Button.
In an era where ensuring the safety and security of students and staff in educational institutions is paramount, the convergence of technology and legislation has ushered in a new era of school safety. Alyssa’s Law has emerged as a pivotal piece of legislation across many states, mandating the implementation of silent panic buttons in K-12 public schools across the US.
Intrado is reshaping the landscape of school safety, offering innovative technology solutions like the new Intrado Wearable Panic Button, that helps provide a lifeline in times of a crisis and drive safer outcomes.
Key features and functions of the Intrado Wearable Panic Button include:
- Alyssa’s Law compliant
- Simultaneously alerts 911 and faculty district-wide with silent haptic vibration and flashing LED lights
- Shares location data, incident details, floor plans and more with the for faster, more accurate response
- Instantly initiates lockdowns and easily cancels false alarms
- Programmable options for different emergency types
- Unrivaled connectivity via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), WiFi, and Cellular/LTE for 100% connectivity. It provides connection redundancy as well as the ability to leverage emergency communications networks like FirstNet, making it the first-of-its-kind device capable of signaling for help both on school grounds and off-site, such as field trips or bus routes.
Intrado’s Wearable Panic Button is part of the Intrado Safety Suite, which offers schools the only true end-to-end incident management platform capable of sharing critical data directly with 911 dispatchers using their native 911 infrastructure.
Safety Suite helps districts prevent, prepare, respond to and recover from any kind of threat with a comprehensive set of tools purpose-built for keeping schools, students, and staff safe.
To learn more about Intrado Wearable Panic Button, visit http://go.intrado.com/cs-when-every-second-counts.
If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!