Your Mass Notification Cheat Sheet
Here’s a breakdown of some of the pros and cons of the more commonly used emergency alert systems. Deploying multiple modes will help to ensure the strengths of one solution compensate for the weaknesses of others. Also, be certain to account for the hearing and sight impaired.
To view the pros/cons chart, please click here.
- Can You Hear Me Now?
- Text Message Troubleshooting: 4 Challenges Your Campus Should Address
- Take It From the Experts When Crafting Your Messages
- Best Practices Breakdown
- Web Exclusive: Sample Emergency Alert Messages Web Exclusive: CS Mass Notification Study Results
- Web Exclusive: Sample Opt-Out Language
- Web Exclusive: When a Crisis Hits, Social Networking Partnership May Keep Web Working
- Mass Notification Promotes Safety, Efficiency and Timely Response
- News Watch Special Report: Virginia Tech Aftermath
- Multiple Modes of Mass Notification Make Sense
- Va. Tech Report Confirms Shortcomings, Offers Preventive Tactics
- What Hospitals Can Learn From the Va. Tech Tragedy
- Real-time Emergency Alerts Come to the Rockies
- Despite Panic by Others, a Measured Approach Works Best
- Virginia Tech 1 Year Later: How Campuses Have Responded
Robin Hattersley Gray is executive editor of Campus Safety. She can be reached at email@example.com.
To subscribe to the unabridged print version of Campus Safety magazine, click here.