Safe and Sound Schools to Host Virtual National Summit on School Safety
The 3-day virtual event will bring together renowned school safety experts, thought leaders and school-based crisis survivors.
Safe and Sound Schools, a nonprofit school safety advocacy and resource center founded by parents who lost children at Sandy Hook School, will be hosting the 2020 Virtual National Summit on School Safety on October 7-9.
The National Summit on School Safety is the premier gathering of authorities on school safety. The 3-day event will cover key areas essential to comprehensive school safety with keynote presentations, expert panel discussions, breakout sessions, and interactive discussion groups.
Topics of discussion will include self-care for those who serve kids, behavioral threat assessment and management, supporting gender-diverse students, social-emotional learning, disaster recovery, youth suicide prevention, school health planning, digital safety, restorative justice, multi-tiered systems of support, and much more.
Featured presenters include:
- Michele Gay & Alissa Parker, the co-founders of Safe and Sound Schools and mothers of Josephine Gay and Emilie Parker, who were killed in the Sandy Hook School tragedy
- Dr. Lina Alathari, chief of the U.S. Secret Service National Threat Assessment Center (NTAC)
- Mo Canady, executive director of the National Association of School Resource Officers (NASRO)
- Molly Hudgens, school counselor and Medal of Honor Recipient
- Cynthia Marble, chief operating officer and senior vice president for training operations at SIGMA Threat Management Associates
- Amanda Nickerson, professor of school psychology and director of the Alberti Center for Bullying Abuse Prevention at the University of Buffalo
- Susan Payne, founder of Safe2Tell
- Dr. Frank Staub, director of the National Police Foundation’s Center for Mass Violence Response Studies (CMVRS)
In addition to the live sessions, attendees will be able to access all sessions on-demand after the event. Register now using promo code CAMPUS_2020 and save 20%.