Safe and Sound Schools to Host Virtual National Summit on School Safety
The 3-day virtual event will bring together renowned school safety experts, thought leaders and school-based crisis survivors.
Safe and Sound Schools, a nonprofit school safety advocacy and resource center founded by parents who lost children at Sandy Hook School, will be hosting the 2020 Virtual National Summit on School Safety on October 7-9.
The National Summit on School Safety is the premier gathering of authorities on school safety. The 3-day event will cover key areas essential to comprehensive school safety with keynote presentations, expert panel discussions, breakout sessions, and interactive discussion groups.
Topics of discussion will include self-care for those who serve kids, behavioral threat assessment and management, supporting gender-diverse students, social-emotional learning, disaster recovery, youth suicide prevention, school health planning, digital safety, restorative justice, multi-tiered systems of support, and much more.
The full agenda can be seen here.
Register for the event
Featured presenters include:
- Michele Gay & Alissa Parker, the co-founders of Safe and Sound Schools and mothers of Josephine Gay and Emilie Parker, who were killed in the Sandy Hook School tragedy
- Dr. Lina Alathari, chief of the U.S. Secret Service National Threat Assessment Center (NTAC)
- Mo Canady, executive director of the National Association of School Resource Officers (NASRO)
- Molly Hudgens, school counselor and Medal of Honor Recipient
- Cynthia Marble, chief operating officer and senior vice president for training operations at SIGMA Threat Management Associates
- Amanda Nickerson, professor of school psychology and director of the Alberti Center for Bullying Abuse Prevention at the University of Buffalo
- Susan Payne, founder of Safe2Tell
- Dr. Frank Staub, director of the National Police Foundation’s Center for Mass Violence Response Studies (CMVRS)
You can see all of the summit presenters here.
In addition to the live sessions, attendees will be able to access all sessions on-demand after the event. Register now using promo code CAMPUS_2020 and save 20%.
For more information about the summit or to hear about sponsorship opportunities, click here. To learn more about Safe and Sound Schools and for additional resources, visit safeandsoundschools.org.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!
Leave a Reply