Safe and Sound Schools to Host Virtual National Summit on School Safety
The 3-day virtual event will bring together renowned school safety experts, thought leaders and school-based crisis survivors.
Safe and Sound Schools, a nonprofit school safety advocacy and resource center founded by parents who lost children at Sandy Hook School, will be hosting the 2020 Virtual National Summit on School Safety on October 7-9.
The National Summit on School Safety is the premier gathering of authorities on school safety. The 3-day event will cover key areas essential to comprehensive school safety with keynote presentations, expert panel discussions, breakout sessions, and interactive discussion groups.
Topics of discussion will include self-care for those who serve kids, behavioral threat assessment and management, supporting gender-diverse students, social-emotional learning, disaster recovery, youth suicide prevention, school health planning, digital safety, restorative justice, multi-tiered systems of support, and much more.
Featured presenters include:
- Michele Gay & Alissa Parker, the co-founders of Safe and Sound Schools and mothers of Josephine Gay and Emilie Parker, who were killed in the Sandy Hook School tragedy
- Dr. Lina Alathari, chief of the U.S. Secret Service National Threat Assessment Center (NTAC)
- Mo Canady, executive director of the National Association of School Resource Officers (NASRO)
- Molly Hudgens, school counselor and Medal of Honor Recipient
- Cynthia Marble, chief operating officer and senior vice president for training operations at SIGMA Threat Management Associates
- Amanda Nickerson, professor of school psychology and director of the Alberti Center for Bullying Abuse Prevention at the University of Buffalo
- Susan Payne, founder of Safe2Tell
- Dr. Frank Staub, director of the National Police Foundation’s Center for Mass Violence Response Studies (CMVRS)
In addition to the live sessions, attendees will be able to access all sessions on-demand after the event. Register now using promo code CAMPUS_2020 and save 20%.
Read More Articles Like This… With A FREE Subscription
Campus Safety magazine is another great resource for public safety, security and emergency management professionals. It covers all aspects of campus safety, including access control, video surveillance, mass notification and security staff practices. Whether you work in K-12, higher ed, a hospital or corporation, Campus Safety magazine is here to help you do your job better!