Johnson Controls Announces New School Safety Digital Assessment Service
The tool, which helps determine potential areas of vulnerability, was developed using the PASS School Safety and Security Checklist.
As America commemorates Safe Schools Week (Oct. 15-21), Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI), a technology company, announces the launch of its digital assessment tool developed using the PASS School Safety and Security Checklist.
The new solution allows district administrators to evaluate their school’s security measures against national leading practices, determine potential areas of vulnerability, and recommend next steps. Johnson Controls can also help customers use remaining ESSER funds which can be used to:
- Upgrade HVAC systems, enhance filtration and improve indoor air quality.
- Update security systems with touchless access, smart sensors and thermal cameras.
- Reduce energy consumption by transitioning to renewable or efficient infrastructure.
- Upgrade fire alarm systems to strengthen protection of life and property through smarter and more centralized technology.
The digital assessment is said to offer the following advantages:
- Efficiency: The digital questionnaire streamlines the evaluation process and requires simple “yes” or “no” answers. It also requires no on-site inspection and generates an easy-to-follow roadmap for enhancing district safety, all based on tiered criticalities.
- Comprehensive Analysis: It covers various security aspects, including physical infrastructure, policies, procedures, and emergency preparedness.
- Customized Recommendations: The assessment generates personalized recommendations based on each school’s needs and vulnerabilities.
- Cost Consciousness: The assessment pairs with available funding mechanisms that make your solution roadmap 100% reimbursable. By utilizing remaining ESSER funds or their comprehensive grants team, Johnson Controls’ guidance matches your district’s needs.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making: The digital assessment provides data-driven insights, allowing administrators to make informed decisions about security enhancements.
Scalability: Johnson Controls’ security solutions are scalable, making them suitable for schools of varying sizes and budgets.
“We have been working closely with districts throughout the country for many years to identify ways to create safe environments for students and faculty. We are now making this approach our top priority at Johnson Controls, with an offering that instills confidence in all schools,” said Anthony Seiler, director of Johnson Control’s education vertical. “Our process combines our extensive experience with campus walkthroughs, our knowledge of district surroundings, our partnership with PASS, and our comprehensive security portfolio. This turnkey solution is tailored to schools of all sizes and scopes.”
To learn more about Johnson Controls, visit johnsoncontrols.com.
If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!