The Dating Abuse Statistics Everyone Should Know
If you thought violence wasn’t a problem for teen and young-adult romantic relationships, the following data might change your mind.
In College and Universities:
- 43% of dating college women report experiencing violent and abusive dating behaviors including physical, sexual, tech, verbal or controlling abuse.
- Nearly 1 in 3 (29%) college women say they have been in an abusive dating relationship.
- 52% of college women report knowing a friend who has experienced violent and abusive dating behaviors including physical, sexual, tech, verbal or controlling abuse.
- More than half (57%) of college students who report experiencing dating violence and abuse said it occurred in college.
- 58% of college students say they don’t know what to do to help someone who is a victim of dating abuse.
- 38% of college students say they don’t know how to get help for themselves if they were a victim of dating abuse.
- More than half of all college students (57%) say it is difficult to identify dating abuse.
Source: www.LoveIsRespect.org and 2011 College Dating Violence & Abuse Poll
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!