Vector Solutions Debuts K-12 Health and Safety Incident Management System
The system is said to help schools record and manage safety incidents, identify trends such as COVID-19 outbreaks, and comply with federal regulations.
TAMPA, Fla. — Vector Solutions, a training and risk management solutions provider, launched an incident management system to help K-12 schools and districts track health and safety incidents, hazards and trends.
Vector EHS Management helps schools and districts record and manage safety incidents, identify trends such as COVID-19 outbreaks, and comply with federal regulations, says the company. The system can be used to report and track accidents, injuries, hazards and health-related incidents.
“A busy school district can have a large number of incidents every year such as injuries, property or equipment damage or school bus accidents. Documenting and managing these incidents can be time-consuming,” says Vector Solutions CEO Marc Scheipe. “Vector EHS Management simplifies incident management by making it easier and faster to report and track these incidents from investigation through resolution and to use data to identify bigger picture issues and trends to help improve safety. It’s important for schools and districts to create a culture of safety for both employees and students, and Vector EHS Management helps them do that.”
System features include:
- Web-based forms and a mobile app, allowing all stakeholders to add and view incidents, and conduct and record safety inspections. The app can be used offline, making it ideal for field and site inspections.
- The ability to auto-generate reports. The system can automatically populate incident data onto multiple forms, allowing users to generate OSHA or other required reports in a timely manner. Safety activities can also be recorded using standardized forms and are stored in a centralized location.
- Dashboards and analytics that help users better manage and track incidents district-wide, and identify problem areas that need to be addressed. Schools and districts are able to access data, charts and graphs to help monitor metrics and identify trends.
- A pre-built, configurable risk matrix that helps schools and districts perform risk assessments based on the probability and severity of hazards.
- An email alert system that notifies employees of hazardous conditions on campus and alerts supervisors and employees of upcoming or overdue safety inspections.
- Tools that generate, file and manage claims such as state-specific “first report of injury” claims, workers’ compensation claims, vehicle damage, property damage, etc. The system can also help users track employee time-off due to incidents and analyze data to determine which claims and/or incident types incur the highest costs for the school or district.
- Tools to help plan, track and implement corrective actions. Once an incident or hazard is documented, the system helps schools and districts create a corrective action plan and track the status of corrective actions. Users can also schedule recurring inspections, review audit compliance rates, and identify areas with the most deficiencies.
To learn more about Vector EHS or to request a demo, visit www.vectorsolutions.com.