ReconaSense, Garrett Debut Risk-Adaptive Metal Detection Solution at GSX 2023
The risk-based integrations enable real-time, bi-directional communication and configuration between physical access control systems and walk-through metal detection systems.
ReconaSense, a risk-based security management provider, announced its strategic alliance and collaboration with Garrett, a provider of metal detection products.
Together, ReconaSense and Garrett have developed the industry’s first risk-based integration between a physical access control system and a walk-through metal detection system, according to a press release. The companies showcased “Authorized Exceptions & Intelligent Lockdown” capabilities at the 2023 GSX event in Dallas.
The Risk-Adaptive Metal Detection Solution, a part of ReconaSense’ suite of “Risk-Adaptive Integrations,” is designed to improve security outcomes for law enforcement facilities, critical infrastructure sites, mass transit centers, distribution centers, educational campuses, and other high-risk environments.
The partnership between ReconaSense and Garrett represents a “paradigm shift in physical security integrations,” the companies said. The risk-based integrations enable real-time, bi-directional communication and configuration between physical access control systems and walk-through metal detection systems, allowing ReconaSense to adjust access permissions based on authorized or unauthorized metal detection. At the same time, Garrett can adapt screening sensitivity based on an individual cardholder’s access levels and certification levels.
Key features of the ReconaSense and Garrett partnership are said to include:
- Risk-based Access Permissions: Enable administrators to define automatic adjustments to door modes and authentication requirements based on real-time risk levels.
- Risk-based Screening Permissions: Enable administrators to define automatic adjustments to the sensitivity of walk-through metal detection based on real-time risk levels.
- Incognito Mode: Automated orchestration of custom profiles and dynamic permissions to eliminate nuisance and false alarms from access workflows surrounding personnel and situations with authorized and concealed weapons in an environment.
- Custom Access Profiles: Enable administrators to define custom access profiles based on the certification levels of authorized individuals
- Custom Screening Profiles: Enable administrators to define custom screening profiles based on the certification levels of authorized individuals
- Repeat Offender Detection: Enable administrators to programmatically flag an individual’s access profile and the credentials of a repeat offender
This software-definable integration provides greater flexibility and more automation capabilities for metal detection systems, particularly when combined with physical access control solutions, according to the companies. The software-defined presets of the Garrett system are configured in the ReconaSense solution to allow the unit to identify the individual passing through and adjust the screening sensitivity accordingly with their profile. The result is a more tailored and higher-assurance personnel screening process for the most important access points and entryways of any facility.
If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!