HID Global Debuts FARGO INK1000 Printer and Encoder
HID Global’s latest printer is the first to offer inkjet technology to the global desktop card printer market, says the company.
HD Global, an identity solutions provider, introduced the HID FARGO INK1000 printer and encoder, said to be the industry’s first thermal inkjet solution that brings secure, personalized credential issuance to entry- and mid-level markets.
HID’s latest printer release is also billed as the first to offer inkjet technology to the global desktop card printer market, enabling cost-effective, high-quality credentials and eliminating the need for specialized card media.
HID FARGO INK1000 eliminates the print ribbons and specialized card media required by alternative direct-to-card (DTC) desktop solutions that use dye sublimation technology. The easy-to-install snap-in cartridges deliver the simplicity and reliability of inkjet printers and contain specially formulated inks for creating fade-resistant images and text that adhere to standard, off-the-shelf polyvinyl chloride (PVC) cards, according to the announcement.
A single ink cartridge has the potential to produce hundreds more cards than printers that use ribbons and create less waste while significantly improving total cost of ownership (TCO), according to the announcement.
The HID FARGO INK1000 solution is said to offer the following unique capabilities:
- Inkjet printing on standard PVC cards Accommodates most standard (PVC) card stock for single-side thermal inkjet card printing, including laminated PVC for credit card construction.
- High-quality, high-resolution, edge-to-edge printing 600 x 1200 dots per inch (DPI) resolution delivers sharp, brilliant and crisply defined full-color and composite-black text and barcode-readable images not possible with standard DTC printers.
- Superior image durability Heating technology and exclusively formulated ink support ink-to-card adherence, fast drying, and UV-stability prevents image fading.
- Easy deployment and use Intuitive operation, a small footprint and convenient same-side input and output.
- Optional contactless card encoding HID OMNIKEY 5127CK-Mini reader functionality enables contactless encoding for door entry, cashless vending, time and attendance, gift and loyalty program applications, and entry-level market financial cards that use QR codes.
“Until now, small and medium-sized organization have had very limited options for personalized credential issuance due to high costs and complex maintenance requirements,” says Craig Sandness, vice president and managing director of Secure Issuance with HID Global. “Our HID FARGO INK1000 solution resolves those challenges, creates an unmatched industry benchmark for affordability and ease-of-use, and extends the simplicity of inkjet printing popularized for home use to retail counters and office environments.”
To learn more, visit hidglobal.com.
Read More Articles Like This… With A FREE Subscription
Campus Safety magazine is another great resource for public safety, security and emergency management professionals. It covers all aspects of campus safety, including access control, video surveillance, mass notification and security staff practices. Whether you work in K-12, higher ed, a hospital or corporation, Campus Safety magazine is here to help you do your job better!