NECUSA Announces Additional Training Opportunities, New Board
Other changes include website restructuring and membership for line officers, Title IX and Clery compliance professionals and others.
The Northeast Colleges and Universities Security Association (NECUSA) has been making a lot of changes lately, including the restructuring of its website and streamlining its newsletter. Additionally, at the request of its members, NECUSA is opening up its membership to others within college police and security departments for one Institutional or Associate fee.
“The membership structure will now allow your line officers, training officers, parking enforcement personnel, etc. to become Institutional members,” says NECUSA President Cindy Burger. “Your Title IX Coordinators, Clery Compliance Officers, criminal justice professors and security personnel will now be included as Associate members.”
NECUSA has also partnered with D. Stafford & Associates and the National Association of Clery Compliance Officers and Professionals (NACCOP) to bring quality training to its members. D. Stafford & Associates is a consulting firm specializing in campus safety issues on college campuses, including compliance with Federal regulations such as the Clery Act and Title IX. NACCOP is a professional association for Clery Compliance Officers and Professionals to support them in their efforts to comply with the Clery Act.
At its 2015 conference, NECUSA also announced new board members, including:
- President – Cindy Burger, Messiah College – [email protected]
- Vice President – Bill Lafferty, Gettysburg College – [email protected]
- Treasurer – John McAloon, Princeton Theological Seminary – [email protected]
- Secretary – Chris Lloyd, Cairn University – [email protected]
- Life Member Rep – Timon Linn – [email protected]
- Director At Large – David Boyer, Williams College – [email protected]
- Director At Large – Larry Britt, Skidmore College – [email protected]
- Director At Large – John Gildard, Marist College – [email protected]
- Director At Large – Amanda Guthorn, Keene State College – [email protected]
- Director At Large – Don Reichling, Princeton University – [email protected]
“NECUSA is an organization that is more than merely a sum of its parts,” says Burger. “It has a culture of a large extended family in which members may go for long periods of time with no contact but can pick up the phone at any time and be received warmly by the person on the other end. I hope you truly consider continuing to be or if new, becoming an active member of our family and helping us shape the future of the organization.”
For more information on NECUSA membership contact any Board member. To join and/or pay your dues, you can visit necusa.org.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!