Harvard Dorm Fire Causes $150K in Damage

ALLSTON, Mass. — A fire in a dormitory at Harvard Business School’s Allston campus caused more than $150,000 in damages.

The fire has been linked to a short circuit in a fourth floor outlet, The Harvard Crimson reports. The university will offer on-campus housing to students displaced by the fire.

The damage was caused by both the fire and the flooding from the water needed to douse the flames.

Read the full story.

Related Articles:

If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!

Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century

This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!

Get Our Newsletters
Campus Safety Conference promo