Dartmouth Students, Alums File Clery Complaint
More than 30 students and alumni provided testimonies in a Clery Act complaint filed against Dartmouth College last week.
The complaint addresses the reporting of sexual assaults, discrimination, hate crimes, bullying and hazing that allegedly happened at the school, reports the Dartmouth. The students also plan to file a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights.
One of the goals of the Clery complaint is to expand the focus of the debate on sexual assaults as being more than a white woman problem to that involving individuals of all races, genders and sexual orientations.
- Clery Act Fines Increased to $35K Per Violation
- Clery Reporting: Whose Job Is It Anyway?
- Clery Center: Incident Reporting Has Improved but Could Be Better
- Additional Clery Compliance Guidance
- Specific guidelines on emergency notification, emergency response policies and testing.
- Specific guidelines on missing students.
- Specific guidelines on the new fire incident reporting requirements.
Read More Articles Like This… With A FREE Subscription
Campus Safety magazine is another great resource for public safety, security and emergency management professionals. It covers all aspects of campus safety, including access control, video surveillance, mass notification and security staff practices. Whether you work in K-12, higher ed, a hospital or corporation, Campus Safety magazine is here to help you do your job better!