Child Abduction Prevention Online Resource Unveiled
FORT WORTH, Texas – RadioShack Corp. and the National Center for Missing andploited Children® (NCMEC) announce an enhanced online home for “StreetSentz: Common Sentz Tips for Safer Kidz,” a nationwide program they created in 2003 to educate families about ways to keep children safer from abduction, exploitation, and violence.
At www.StreetSentz.com, consumers will find a wealth of new information, tips, news and interactive tools on child safety, as well as a redesigned layout for easier navigation.
Helpful features of StreetSentz.com include:
- “Common Sentz Tips for Safer Kidz” – Information on Internet safety, NCMEC’s steps to take when a child goes missing, and more
- Calendar of child safety events happening around the country as part of the “It’s Kids Time Xtreme” mall tour
- Interactive safety quiz from NCMEC
- Online form to request free Child ID Kits
- Link to sign up for Wireless AMBER Alerts?
- Emergency contact list for family and friends
- Current news from around the county on child safety
- Information on StreetSentz Community Grants – Community impact programs or projects conducted by local nonprofit organizations. The program currently focuses on two areas: prevention of family violence/abuse and/or child abduction.
- StreetSentz Poll on related issues
For more information, go to www.StreetSentz.com.
If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!