Campus Safety Announces Winners of First Annual BEST Awards
Awards recognize the most noteworthy new products and technologies for 2014. Winners to be printed in the November/December 2014 issue.
Campus Safety is pleased to announce the winners of the 2014 Campus Safety BEST Awards, honoring superior products and services for hospital, school and university protection professionals.
The winners of the Campus Safety BEST Awards were chosen by a panel of credible security industry leaders to join an exclusive group of products deemed the most noteworthy for 2014. Criteria included innovation, functionality and benefits to the end user.
“The goal of the Campus Safety BEST Awards, as with all of Campus Safety‘s content, is to offer information that can help hospital, school and university protection professionals become more effective, and we think these innovative products do just that,” says Robin Hattersley Gray, Executive Editor. “Thank you to the panel of judges for their time-consuming efforts toward evaluating these products.”
All BEST entrants and winners can be viewed online at CampusSafetyMagazine.com/best. Winners will be featured in the November/December issue of Campus Safety Magazine. Awards will be presented today (September 29) at the Campus Safety Booth #4516 at ASIS between 10:00am and 11:00am. Winners will have the opportunity for a photo with Campus Safety editor Robin Hattersley Gray.
Following are the Campus Safety BEST Award Winners for 2014:
- Access Control & Identity Management – HID Global, HID Mobile Access
- Communications Products – Status Solutions, SARA’s eMessenger Mobile
- Emergency Notification – Emergent Lighting Systems LLC, Emergent Lighting System®
- Fire/Life – Safety – Honeywell Fire Systems, Lite-Connect
- Incident & Records Management Software – Awareity, Cawood Assessment Grids
- Intrusion & Panic Alarms – National Protective Systems, Inc, Campus Shield
- Locks and Door Hardware – SARGENT Manufacturing Company, Lock/Unlock Indicator
- Miscellaneous Security & Safety Products – Social Sentinel, Inc., Social Sentinel™ for Higher Education
- Personal Gear & Equipment – Guardian 8, Pro V2
- Physical Security Equipment – National School Control Systems, LLC, BEARACADE Door Control System
- Safety & Security Apps – Social Sentinel, Inc., Social Sentinel™ Safety App
- Security Systems Integration – STANLEY Security, Mercy Health Systems Security Integration
- Video Surveillance Hardware & Software – NICE Systems, Suspect Search
If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!