Alabama Task Force Recommends School Safety Improvements
MADISON, Ala.—Members of a school safety task force outlined on Wednesday evening more than 43 recommendations to make Madison city schools more secure. The review was commissioned by the district after the Feb. 5 Discovery Middle School shooting.
Key recommendations include:
- Establishing a full-time Supervisor or Safety and Communications position.
- More focused safety planning, awareness training, and drills.
- Improved maintenance and use of security technology controls.
- Use of a student-friendly confidential reporting tool.
- More parental engagement and partnerships.
To read the full report, click here.
Read More Articles Like This… With A FREE Subscription
Campus Safety magazine is another great resource for public safety, security and emergency management professionals. It covers all aspects of campus safety, including access control, video surveillance, mass notification and security staff practices. Whether you work in K-12, higher ed, a hospital or corporation, Campus Safety magazine is here to help you do your job better!