Security and the Forensic Patient: Providing Care with Caution
Download this previously Live webcast from Thursday May 26th to hear from industry expert Bryan Warren discuss common security concerns regarding subjects in legal custody while they are patients in your facility.
Managing criminals as they’re cared for in hospitals can be a complicated task. As recent hospital escapes have shown, if prisoners are not handled properly, they can put themselves and others in danger.
By examining individual cases of prisoner violence in hospitals and utilizing the lessons learned from case studies and federal guidelines, this program will offer best practices in prisoner management at healthcare facilities.
In the webinar, an expert will discuss common security issues associated with handling prisoner patients in hospitals, outline general norms in that situation and give best practices by law enforcement and hospital security officers.
Other topics covered will include:
• The role of healthcare workers and custodial agents
• Tips for interacting with forensic patients
• Dealing with high-risk patients
• Suicide prevention measures
• Important channels of communication between clinical, administrative and security staff