Hospital Security Lessons Learned from the COVID-19 Crisis: Part 1
In Part 1 of this two-part webinar series, we will discuss what hospital security departments have been experiencing during the COVID-19 crisis and lessons learned about PPE, staffing, and more.
With many regions in America now having successfully “flattened the curve” of coronavirus infections, there are many valuable lessons U.S. hospital security and emergency management practitioners can take away from this crisis.
This two-part presentation will feature four experts with years of hospital security and emergency management experience. They will provide an in-depth analysis of healthcare facility pandemic planning, U.S. hospitals’ experience during the coronavirus crisis, lessons learned, what we can expect in the near future, and the long-term opportunities for improved security and emergency management in the post-COVID-19 world.
Part 1 will cover:
- What hospitals and our local, state and federal governments knew or should have known before COVID-19 about pandemics and their effects on hospital security and emergency management
- What hospital security departments have been experiencing during the COVID-19 crisis
- Lessons learned related to PPE, other supplies, security technology (video surveillance, visitor management, access control and more) and staffing
- Anjanette Hebert, VP of healthcare and standards at PalAmerican Security; former director of security, safety & emergency preparedness at Lafayette General Health; former region 4 hospital emergency preparedness coordinator
- Ben Scaglione, senior consultant at DVS Security Solutions; author; former security director for New York-Presbyterian, Bellevue and Atlantic Health System
- Lisa Terry, VP vertical markets – healthcare, Allied Universal; former director of hospital police and transportation at UNC Health Care
- Bryan Warren, War-Sec Security president; former director of corporate security at Atrium Health
- Robin Hattersley, CS editor-in-chief (moderator)
Be sure to also check out Part 2. Click here!
If you appreciated this webcast and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!