Text Alerts: Opt-Out Language From Florida State Univ.
Florida State University (FSU) uses the opt-out approach to sign up students for its emergency alert text messaging programand has an 85 percent participation rate.
To view the opt-out screen, please click here.
- Can You Hear Me Now?
- Text Message Troubleshooting: 4 Challenges Your Campus Should Address
- Take It From the Experts When Crafting Your Messages
- Best Practices Breakdown
- Web Exclusive: Sample Emergency Alert Messages Your Mass Notification Cheat Sheet
- Web Exclusive: CS Mass Notification Study Results
- Web Exclusive: When a Crisis Hits, Social Networking Partnership May Keep Web Working
- Multiple Modes of Mass Notification Make Sense
- Virginia Tech 1 Year Later: How Campuses Have Responded
- University of New Hampshire Launches Roam Secure Alert Network™ for Emergency Notification
- Cooper Notification Launches Nation’s Largest Regional Alerting System
- Tennessee Students Question Text Message Alert System
- Two Doctoral Students Murdered in LSU Apartment
Robin Hattersley Gray is executive editor of Campus Safety. She can be reached at [email protected].
To subscribe to the unabridged print version of Campus Safety magazine, click here.
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!