Updating Your Campus ID Card Issuance Process
There have been a lot of advances recently in ID card printing technology that are making the issuance process much easier.
The efficient and secure printing and issuance of identification cards has historically been a challenge for colleges, healthcare facilities and K-12 campuses.
According to the 2021 Campus Safety Access Control and Lockdown Survey, a significant portion of colleges and healthcare facilities have a slow ID card issuance process (40% and 34% respectively); printer reliability/maintenance challenges (36% and 46%); smart card management problems (46% and 42%); and the inability to issue cards outside of the card office (38%).
Fortunately, there have been a lot of advances recently in ID card printing technology that are making the issuance process much easier.
To learn more about these advances, Campus Safety interviewed HID Global Product Manager Nils Wahlandar. In this interview with Nils, he talks about the difference between on-premises and cloud-based systems, the benefits of moving to the cloud, the hardware that’s needed to issue cards to remote locations and more.
Level Up Your ID Card Issuance Process with HID FARGO Connect
The world’s leading cloud-based card personalization solution:
- Issue ID cards from anywhere using any device
- Scale up or down with ease
- No additional software or printer drivers needed
- Print from your home office
- Get proactive with a centralized dashboard of the entire system
- Printer status at your fingertips
- Get notified before consumables are empty
- Instant onboarding to remote locations with Securely Remote Print
- Require users to authenticate to printer to release print job
- Eliminate shipping costs
- Connect multiple workstations to a single printer
- Issue from your application of choice to deliver a seamless and intuitive experience for the operator
- HID FARGO Connect is integrated into many access control and one card solutions eliminating
- Reduce training and time to issue by allowing operators to manage the card holder data and hit print from your primary application
- The installation/setup often takes less time than traditional PC based card software solutions
- Simplify smart card issuance with inline personalization
- In one seamless step print and manage smart card data during the print process
- Automated processes speeds up the issuance time
- Eliminates data entry errors
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!
Leave a Reply