Exceptional Detail and Sensitivity for Round-the-Clock Campus Surveillance Applications, Indoors or Out
4K for the Everyday – Campuses can now benefit from better resolution and outstanding image quality. Making sure schools have the tools they need to see in dark and increase detail recognition is no longer a choice between quality and cost.
For the budget conscious campus security teams, the Sony 4K SNC-VM772R offers a 4K solution at a very attractive price point. Whether in parking structures or in areas where variable visibility is an absolute necessity, 4K resolution can deliver greater detail in challenging lighting conditions. The SNC-VM772R can be a great inclusion into a comprehensive design plan that is optimized to keep students and faculty safe during and after classes. Ask your integration partner about Sony’s Education Program today and see how outstanding video surveillance can be part of your campuses plan this fall.
Extraordinary sensitivity with 4K
With four times the resolution of Full HD, Sony’s 4K network security camera brings industry-leading clarity and sensitivity to critical video monitoring and surveillance applications. Thanks to the camera’s large, highly sensitive 1.0-type back-illuminated Exmor R™ CMOS image sensor, high-speed image processing engine and high-quality zoom lens, the SNC-VM772R captures detail-packed 4K/30 fps video footage with a minimum illumination of 0.06 lx – even in near darkness.
Automatic selection of picture settings
Picture settings are automatically selected to suit a wide range of operating environments, such as weather, time, and lighting conditions, providing the best picture quality for the scene. They can also be manually adjusted for even more flexible operation.
Various output modes
The increased resolution of 4K opens up exciting new monitoring possibilities. Traditional video surveillance requires a PTZ camera or several box cameras to survey a wide area. The SNC-VM772R can stream an overall low-resolution situational view, plus cropped original 4K resolution views of specific areas of interest in the scene, with Multi Tracking to chase moving subjects. The 20 megapixel sensor also enables high-quality still image recording at beyond 4K resolution to allow close examination of a scene for evidence purposes.
Other key features
• Excellent low-light capabilities are further enhanced with in-built IR illuminators for true night-time coverage.
• Edge Storage (onboard recording with memory cards) safeguards recordings during network outrage.
• The camera’s outstanding image performance is enhanced with features, including Optical Image Stabilization for steadier pictures.
• Quick, simple installation and set-up is aided by a smartphone or tablet PC app for remote field of view adjustment (SNC toolbox mobile).
• The discreetly styled minidome camera features a ruggedized vandal- and weather-resistant design that is ideal for tough round-the-clock video security and surveillance assignments, indoors or outside (IK10, IP66).
Read More Articles Like This… With A FREE Subscription
Campus Safety magazine is another great resource for public safety, security and emergency management professionals. It covers all aspects of campus safety, including access control, video surveillance, mass notification and security staff practices. Whether you work in K-12, higher ed, a hospital or corporation, Campus Safety magazine is here to help you do your job better!