When Seconds Matter, Saving Lives Hinges on Communication
At the core of emergency response, as well as day-to-day operations, are communications. Are you confident in your ability to connect people—quickly, accurately and securely?
Your ability to protect patients, staff and visitors depends on fast, effective communication. Yet, changes due to mergers or acquisitions or adoption of new systems or workflows, as examples, will impact response plans and day-to-day operations. You need to know your dispatch communications system can handle whatever challenges it will face in today’s complex world.
As you evaluate your current dispatch communications system, consider your abilities to:
Have Confidence in Your Connection
To ensure safety and security in a healthcare environment, dispatchers must always be able to connect individuals and teams for action. Boost their effectiveness—and your confidence—with:
- One-touch access to vital resources
- Built-in redundancies and automatic failover for ‘always on’ availability
- Exceptional audio quality for clear communication
- Mobility to dispatch from another location via laptop or tablet
Connect Everyone, Anywhere
Your teams—from security to facilities to medical staff—rely on varied phone and radio systems. An open-standards platform allows you to connect them all and enables:
- Your choice of communications tools—radio, telephony and broadband/LTE
- Communication within and across buildings and campuses
- Coordination with air medical services as well as first responders on the ground
Be Ready Now—and Later
You need technology to bend and change to meet your changing requirements. Whether your needs are simple, highly complex or somewhere in between, a system designed with flexibility enables such benefits as:
- Easy expansion, allowing you to build the system you need today knowing your investment is always safe
- The ability to mix and match four models to meet dispatchers’ individual needs
- A customizable user interface to mirror legacy screens and meet your workflow
If your current system falls short, meet the Avtec Scout™ family of dispatch communications solutions. Trusted by thousands of public and private organizations, including hospitals and health systems, Scout consoles are proven, scalable and reliable, placing the best tools at your dispatchers’ fingertips.
Learn more about Avtec Scout’s capabilities to make critical connections, no matter the challenges that lie ahead. Visit http://scout.avtecinc.com/healthcare.
If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!