Vicon Valerus Video Management Software Solution
Valerus from Vicon is a video management software solution designed to support analytics and built with the Cloud in mind.
Vicon Security, a manufacturer of video management software, introduces Valerus, a powerful and intuitive VMS that is designed for users of all levels. The design and deployment of Valerus is centered on the pillars of ease-of-installation, easy-to-use web-based interface and a standards based true open platform philosophy.
Valerus has features for sophisticated live monitoring, centralized management and high-performance video recording. Valerus is designed to be a proactive business tool with health monitoring features for the entire security system as well as advanced data management to streamline business processes.
Built on open standards for optimized interoperability, Valerus has a thin client architecture and central licensing that take the pain out of deploying and managing a powerful VMS solution. Based on years of experience in the security market and a look toward the future, this new platform supports today’s conventional network systems ready for expansion into the world of cloud computing.
Key features and functions of Valerus VMS:
- Built on ONVIF standard foundation – widely adopted industry common open protocol
- Eliminates the need for individual certifications
- Open for integration through simple API meant to support growth of integrated partner networks
- Valerus utilizes open source code where applicable
Increased Operational Efficiency
- Single point of management and operation
- Separate modules safeguard against risk of interruption
- Grouped resources frees up monitor space and makes it easy to search
- Support for keypad and PLC controllers
High-Performance Video with HD Resolution
- Unparalleled image quality
- Special support for high-resolution panoramic cameras.
- Intelligently lowers bandwidth demands and increase storage capacity
- Reliable, uninterrupted video rendering
Ultimate in Flexibility and Scalability
- Three-tier licensing levels and protection packages offer room to grow
- Web-based access from anywhere
- Standards-based compatibility allows you to design the perfect solution
Read More Articles Like This… With A FREE Subscription
Campus Safety magazine is another great resource for public safety, security and emergency management professionals. It covers all aspects of campus safety, including access control, video surveillance, mass notification and security staff practices. Whether you work in K-12, higher ed, a hospital or corporation, Campus Safety magazine is here to help you do your job better!