FAU Uses Software House C•CURE 9000 to Secure College of Medicine
The C•CURE 9000 access control system integrates with FAU’s video surveillance solution to manage building access for students.
Johnson Controls announces Florida Atlantic University, based in Baton Raton, Fla., has selected its Software House C•CURE 9000 security and event management platform to secure a new building that is part of the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, a facility which houses research, administration and a medical clinic.
FAU has 4,000 students and 3,200 faculty and staff and is one of 12 schools in the state’s university system. The College of Medicine has approximately 373 students and requires a thorough access control system that enables the integration of video surveillance and the ability to partition access to specific areas of the facility.
The C•CURE 9000 provides coverage for all exterior entrances, research labs and elevators leading to animal research floors and anatomy labs, according to the company.
Patrick Garmon, director of security technology at FAU, says it was vital to implement a system that didn’t restrict overall access to the building but rather allowed the university to manage student access to buildings by floor and room.
Features of the C•CURE 9000 include:
- Lock/unlock doors and activate events using manual actions
- Create and setup email for simple records of card access activity and operator actions
- Show journal history and audit trail activity through pre-configured dynamic views
- Share a single database while retaining security and privacy of data through database partitioning
- Supports up to 50 simultaneous users
FAU also plans to use the C•CURE Go mobile application that enables security personnel and on-staff technicians to change access status or remotely monitor the system using an iOS or Android mobile device. The app be downloaded from the iTunes App and Google Play.
The C•CURE Go mobile allows users to:
- Update personnel records on the go
- Receive up-to-date information quickly while responding to events
- Lock and unlock doors with a touch of a button
- Easily navigate C•CURE 9000 to a specific date and time
- Add/remove clearances and deactivate cards on the go
For more information on C•CURE 9000, visit Software House at www.swhouse.com.
If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!