Wahsega Debuts Next-Generation Mass Notification System
Carina is the first safety IoT platform to protect people and link device management with building intelligence, says the company.
ATLANTA, Ga. — Wahsega, a safety IoT company, announces the release of Carina, its first mass notification and safety IoT platform that protects people and buildings while fully integrating device management to reduce IT workload.
Carina is a family of IP endpoints that enable complete building coverage, including:
- IP speakers for indoor and outdoor coverage: Complete audio coverage with two-way audio
- IP intercoms: Monitor and control all entry points inside and outside a campus
- IP displays: Complete audio and visual coverage with two-way audio
- Audio zone controls: Integrate with and control legacy systems to get messages out
Carina’s simple and intuitive dashboard allows users to manage and configure smart devices individually and globally, create simple paging zone groups and send emergency alerts or daily announcements to all devices. It also can lock down an entire campus with the push of a button.
The platform provides zero-touch provisioning, automated clock-syncing, device health reports and device firmware upgrades.
“I now have a one-fit device that can solve a lot of problems. From a management standpoint, I don’t have a separate intercom, alert systems, time system,” says customer Joel Brooks, network project manager for North Kansas City Schools.
With the platform’s calendar scheduler, users can also create school bell schedules, pre-recorded announcements and automated building controls.
Additional features include:
- Power outage: 80% lower power usage allowing for extended UPS uptime
- Hybrid design: Fully functional on-premise if internet or phone lines go down
- Redundancy: Auto failover if a server goes down
- Industrial temperature: Works when AC and heat do not
- Affordability: No device license fees and protected investment with no added cost for new features and software updates; install costs reduced by 50% due to patented technology
To learn more about Carina, visit wahsega.com/carina.
If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!