Openpath Partners with Cisco Meraki to Offer New Building Security Platform
The all-in-one platform is said to offer customers cloud-based security technology that can be managed from any location in real-time.
CULVER CITY, Calif. — Openpath, a provider of modern mobile access control, announces a new video management system (VMS) partnership integration with Cisco Meraki.
With this partnership, Openpath’s access control capabilities will be paired with Cisco Meraki’s cloud-based technology, including smart camera intelligence that delivers data and analytics, providing insights that help users make better business decisions, says the company.
Through an all-in-one security platform, the enterprise-grade features of both systems offer Cisco’s global sales channel and customer base a solution for those who need cloud-based security technology that can be managed from any location in real-time.
“Physical security needs have significantly evolved in the last decade, becoming more and more complex,” said Bret Hull, Chief Technology Officer for Cisco Meraki. “Our partnership with Openpath enables our end customers to use two complementary portfolios, rooted in shared beliefs of simplicity and security, helping them better secure and safeguard their infrastructure.”
Moving to a cloud-based solution removes the costs associated with managing on-premise software, according to a press release, and provides additional benefits such as:
- Enhanced customer experience: The integrated security platform combines the two systems together without having to compromise on features, performance and expert support across all aspects of the technology.
- Heightened security: Linking access activity with video footage enhances asset protection and awareness. The integrated dashboard also helps both on-site and remote monitoring security teams to keep track of who is accessing a predetermined space at any time.
- Remote management: The cloud-based system allows organizations to manage their building security system from anywhere. The dashboard can also support one or multiple sites, allowing for staffing flexibility and easy configuration and monitoring.
- Find and follow: With visual verification, accurate video search, and real-time alerts all linked to access events, security teams can find individuals and follow them through the timeline of a security event as they move around a facility.
- Real-time alerting: Activating the alert functionality will ensure immediate notification for access events such as doors being propped open. Access event alerting will also now include video footage to improve decision-making for security teams and allowing them to be mobile and cover more ground.
- Enhanced reporting and analytics: Cisco Meraki’s video analytics and Openpath’s Bluetooth® Low Energy-enabled presence data provide insights and data to improve operations, reduce security risks, and predict future issues.
- Wave to Unlock: Using Openpath’s touchless Wave to Unlock technology and mobile credentials, employees only have to wave their hand in order to access designated areas.
- Backwards compatibility: Openpath is able to run on legacy wiring, reducing costs and time to upgrade any legacy system. Additionally, Openpath will work with existing badges and readers, integrate with existing directory services, and can run hybrid alongside any legacy access control system.