ASSA ABLOY Introduces Safer2Open Hands-Free Solutions
Safer2Open includes low-touch and no-touch solutions that are said to withstand rigorous cleaning cycles and improve facility safety.
Since many state and local COVID-19 protocols recommend reducing the number of touchpoints in a facility, along with additional cleaning and sanitizing protocols, Safer2Open solutions are said to withstand rigorous cleaning cycles and improve facility safety.
“As the economy begins to reopen, there’s a surging need and demand for facilities to employ new approaches that enable healthier environments,” said Mark Duato, Executive Vice President, Aftermarket at ASSA ABLOY Opening Solutions Americas. “From low-touch to completely touchless automated openings, ASSA ABLOY’s Safer2Open solutions include a range of cost-effective and low- to high-tech options for a myriad of facilities’ doors, from entrance to exit.”
The suite includes these low-touch solutions:
- Trim options, such as SARGENT ALP Push/Pull Trim, Corbin Russwin HPSK Paddle Trim and Adams Rite Push/Pull Paddle Trim, which allow doors to be opened with minimal contact and can be added to nearly any opening for hands-free operation.
- Rockwood Hands-Free Arm and Foot Pulls, which can be implemented in new and pre-existing aluminum, metal or wood openings.
- Sargent Electrified Closer-Holders which keep doors open during high traffic times.
- Exit devices with motorized and electric latch retraction, including Adams Rite 8000 and 3000 Series, Corbin Russwin ED5000 Series, SARGENT 80 Series Exit Device with Electric Latch Retraction and Yale 7000 Series, which enable remote locking/unlocking of a door.
It also offers these no-touch solutions:
- Wave-to-open switches from Securitron and Alarm Controls, which can pick up hand gestures within four inches of the switch to trigger swinging doors.
- Low energy door operators from Norton that are compatible with wave-to-open switches.
- Exit motion sensors from Securitron and Alarm Controls that minimize contact in high traffic egress areas.
- HES electric strikes that enable remote locking and unlocking of an automated door. They are available for all frame types and applications.
Click here to learn more about ASSA ABLOY’s Safer2Open solutions.
Read More Articles Like This… With A FREE Subscription
Campus Safety magazine is another great resource for public safety, security and emergency management professionals. It covers all aspects of campus safety, including access control, video surveillance, mass notification and security staff practices. Whether you work in K-12, higher ed, a hospital or corporation, Campus Safety magazine is here to help you do your job better!