Utah College Science Experiment Fire Causes $25K in Damage

LOGAN, Utah — A science experiment gone wrong sparked a fire in a University of Utah laboratory on Tuesday.

Fire officials received a call about a blaze in the university’s new College of Agriculture building around 8 p.m., the Associated Press reports. Authorities say that a combustible material placed too close to a heater ignited the fire.

A fire sprinkler kept the blaze contained in one room. No one was injured during the incident. Damage is estimated at $25,000.

Read the full story.

Related Article:

If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!

Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century

This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!

Get Our Newsletters
Campus Safety Conference promo