Nursing Home Meth Lab Explodes, Kills 1

ASHTABULA, Ohio — A nursing home burned on March 4 after a methamphetamine lab in a resident’s room exploded. The home had been cited for 18 violations in the past year.

Shaun Warrens, 31, who was not a resident or employee at Park Haven Home, died in the fire, WKYC reports. Nearly 40 residents had to be evacuated after the explosion.

Park Haven Home was cited in December for not providing adequate care, failing to investigate how a resident was injured and not properly responding to residents’ complaints about missing property, the Associated Press reports. There were two other violations noted during two earlier surveys in 2011.

The fire injured six people and four were hospitalized.

Related Articles:

If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!

Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century

This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!

Get Our Newsletters
Campus Safety Conference promo