Nurse Impersonator Steals Medical Supplies From Calif. Hospital
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. — Police arrested a man at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital Sunday after he dressed as a nurse to allegedly steal medical supplies from the facility.
Roy Chi Wing Lung allegedly dressed himself in hospital scrubs and a wig to take surgical equipment from the hospital, NBCLA.com reports. Lung has been accused of stealing from the medical center on three separate occasions since May.
Authorities arrested Lung as he was driving away from the hospital. Police found a large amount of surgical equipment and medical supplies at the suspect’s home. He faces charges of commercial burglary.
- Police Arrest Woman for Impersonating Nurse at Ky. Hospital
- Police Arrest Man Pretending to Be Hospital Employee
- Teen Impersonating ER Worker Gets 1 Year in Prison
- 10 Healthcare Facility Best Practices for Visitor Management
- Imposter Doc Breaches Illinois Hospital Security
- How the HITECH Act May Affect Your Healthcare Facility
- Data Breach Prevention: 13 Best Practices You Should Implement
- Gaps In Hospital Security Policies Put Patient Data At Risk
- Data Breaches Cost Hospitals $6 Billion Per Year
If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!