Motorcycle Battery Charger Starts Fire at Texas College

AMARILLO, Texas — An accidental fire caused $300,000 in damage at Amarillo College West Campus last Thursday. Some classes had to be rescheduled.

Amarillo College Physical Plant Director Bruce Cotgreave said the fire was contained to a storage room, but other rooms were damaged by smoke, the Amarillo Globe-News reports. Fifteen to 20 motorcycles in the room were destroyed.

Amarillo College spokesman Joe Wyatt said an electrical malfunction in a motorcycle battery charger started the fire. The fire marshal did not determine a single cause of the fire.

Read the full story.

Related Articles:

If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!

Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century

This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!

Get Our Newsletters
Campus Safety Conference promo