Illinois Board of Education Announces School Safety Conference
SCHILLER PARK, Ill.
The Illinois State Board of Education, the Archdiocese of Chicago Office
of Catholic Schools, RETA Security, the Illinois Terrorism Task Force and East Aurora School District will be hosting a gathering of experts in the field of school safety and crisis prevention on May 5.
The free event will discuss how K-12 officials can enhance the safety and security of their facilities on a day-to-day basis and long term.
Guest Speakers and Topics
- Ron Ellis – State Program Director, School & Campus Training Project “Understanding and Planning for School Bomb Threats”
- Sarah Migas – Office of the Illinois Attorney General – Internet Safety Specialist “Internet social networking sites, chat rooms, instant messages, peer-to-peer networks, blogs, cell phones, sexting, and cyber bullying.”
- Marybeth King – FBI Special Agent “Terrorism and School Bus Safety”
- Paul Timm – RETA Security Inc. – President “The Very Latest Trends in School Security”
- Jim Jelinski – Creative Education Services— President ” That No Child Should Be Afraid to Go to School”
- Nick Stricker – ESPO System- Vice President of Technical Services “If Google, Symantec and Adobe Can Get Hacked… What Will Protect Me?”
- Clayton Muhammad – East Aurora School District (Director of Community Relations) /Mike Chapin – West Aurora School District (Community Relation Directors) “Managing Media and Community Involvement During a Crisis”
Safety Panel Speakers
- Randy Braverman – RETA Security Inc. – Senior Consultant Conference and Safety Panel Moderator
- Charles M. DuShane – Department of Homeland Security – Protective Security Advisor
- Paul Timm – RETA Security Inc.- President
- Kevin O’Connell – Office of the Illinois Attorney General – Investigations Division— Chief
- Marybeth King – FBI – Special Agent
- Michael Daly – Institute of Motivational Development – LCPC, CADC, Psychotherapist
- William Evans – Cook County Sheriff’s Police – HBT Commander
- Kenneth J. Searcy, RN. EMT- B – Searcy Medical Solutions Inc- President
- Russell Klug – Schiller Park Police Department – Detective
- Harrison Schneider – Kane County Regional Office of Education – Associate Regional Superintendent
- Dr. Sandy Ellis – Faculty, National Emergency Response & Rescue Training Center, TEEX, Texas A & M University
- Sara Strizzi – U.S. Department of Education, Office of Safe & Drug Free Schools Conference Extras
- View the most current safety products on the market from vendors dedicated to school safety.
- Everyone in attendance will receive a complimentary gift.
The event will take place, May 5 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Victoria BeauJolie, 9950 W. Lawrence Ave., Schiller Park, Ill., 60176.
Please RSVP by May 1 to Randy Braverman of RETA Security Inc. at (224-578-0484) or email@example.com. For additional information, visit www.retasecurity.com.
Read More Articles Like This… With A FREE Subscription
Campus Safety magazine is another great resource for public safety, security and emergency management professionals. It covers all aspects of campus safety, including access control, video surveillance, mass notification and security staff practices. Whether you work in K-12, higher ed, a hospital or corporation, Campus Safety magazine is here to help you do your job better!