IAHSS Foundation Recognizes Outstanding Achievement in Hospital Security
Awards were presented to officers who acted heroically to save lives, as well as members of the healthcare security community who have worked to advance the hospital protection field through the IAHSS.
Photos and VideosView Slideshow
At the International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety Foundation recognition banquet held May 5 in St. Louis, awards were presented to officers who acted heroically to save lives, as well as members of the healthcare security community who have worked to advance the hospital protection field through the IAHSS.
Foundation President Steve Nibbelink was the master of ceremonies at the event and dinner, which took place at this year’s IAHSS annual conference. The winners were:
- Medal of Distinction, Glen Timmons, Children’s Medical Center, Dallas; Rick Nelson (Seattle, retired) and Russ Jones (Philadelphia, retired); Ed Stedman, Boston (retired)
- Medal of Merit: Matt Oakley, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto; Kevin Cheathem, University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill
- Medal of Valor: Corina Maher, Massachusetts General Hospital; Abdur Raheem Muhammad, University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapal Hill
- Distinguished Lifeworks: Lew Schatz, Calfornia; Russ Colling, Colorado
- Lindberg Bell: University of Texas Police – MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
Additionally, the IAHSS presented two awards. Immediate Past President Marilyn Hollier acknowledged Lisa Pryse Terry for her service on the association’s board of directors. Hollier also presented the President’s Award to her entire team from the University of Michigan Division of Public Safety and Security .
To view the slideshow of the award winners, click here.
Campus Safety magazine congratulates all of the award recipients for their outstanding work.