Fire Destroys La. Tech Frat House

RUSTON, La. — A fire destroyed the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity house on the Louisiana Tech campus Saturday.

Five or six people inside the house at the time of the fire were safely evacuated, KTBS.com reports. Authorities believe the blaze started in the chimney, but the investigation is ongoing.

Three firefighters who reported to the scene were taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.

Read the full story.

Related Articles:

If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!

Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century

This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!

Get Our Newsletters
Campus Safety Conference promo