Carbon Monoxide Leak Sickens 44 at Utah School

A carbon monoxide leak forced 280 students and teachers to evacuate Montezuma Creek Elementary School on Monday.

A total of 44 people were treated as a result of the leak, reports NBC News. One student and two teachers were transported by helicopter to a hospital in Colorado.

A detached exhaust pipe from a water heater is being blamed for the leak. Carbon monoxide was found in the school’s kitchen, mechanical room and classrooms.

Read the full story.

Related Articles:

If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!

Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century

This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!

Get Our Newsletters
Campus Safety HQ