California Mass Transit Security Conference Scheduled for Jan. 25
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – The California Governor’s Office of Homeland Security Exercise Branch (CA OHSEB) and California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will hold the Mass Transit Security seminar on Thursday, Jan. 25 to kick off the state-wide Mass Transit Initiative.
Purpose of the Seminar:
- Bring California transit agencies (bus and passenger rail) together
- Discuss common issues and concerns regarding transit security
- Presentation on After Action Report (AAR) from 2006 Caltrans Response & Recovery Workshops
- Learn what is being done at the state and Federal level regarding transit security and funding
- Intelligence & Transit Â¡V Making the Connection
This one-day seminar will consist of key speakers, a discussion panel and breakout sessions.
This will be the first in a series of exercises coordinated/designed by the Office of Homeland Security and Caltrans in an effort to improve capabilities to prevent or deter terrorist actions targeting mass transit systems, as well as improve response and recovery efforts following terrorist attacks or catastrophic events.
Who should attend?:
- Transit Security professionals from all public transit agencies (bus and passenger rail),
- Federal, State and local agency transit security representatives.
- Date: Thursday, Jan. 25
- Time: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm (registration begins at 8:00 am)
- Location: Long Beach Convention Center, 300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90802
Cost: Registration is FREE for all participants. A working lunch will be provided at no cost.
Please RSVP by Friday, Jan. 12
Contact: Dave Torgerson at (916) 322-1740 or [email protected].
If you appreciated this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our FREE digital newsletters!
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!