Attending GSX+? Here Are the Sessions Campus Security Pros Should Attend
Global Security Exchange (GSX) 2020 will be held online this year, September 21-25.
In June, ASIS International announced that, due to concerns caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Global Security Exchange (GSX) 2020 would move to a fully virtual platform — now titled Global Security Exchange Plus (GSX+). In making this transition, ASIS says it has created a completely new experience for the security industry. According to the association, the new GSX+ delivers a host of advantages and opportunities that go beyond what the in-person conference had to offer.
“For attendees who appreciated the opportunity to network at GSX, the virtual GSX+ platform magnifies this — since there is no required travel time between education sessions, happy hours and other networking events,” ASIS said in an announcement. “In fact, it is possible to be at more than one event simultaneously while sitting at your computer. Finally, by reducing car, train and air travel, organizations and individuals are helping to minimize their carbon footprint.”
Here are some of the GSX+ educational sessions that might interest school, university, healthcare facility and campus protection practitioners:
- The Emerging Role of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) in Healthcare Security
- Opening Doors in 2020: Access Control Technology Trends
- Using Corporate and Public Art as a CPTED Strategy
- Facility Security Design: From Conception to Completion Part 1 of 3
- Facility Security Design: From Conception to Completion Part 2 of 3
- Facility Security Design: From Conception to Completion Part 3 of 3
- Avoid Workplace Violence Through Conflict Management
- Insights into Behavioral Psychology
- Investigative Interviews: Assessing Subject Credibility
- The Role of Off-Duty Police in Disaster Planning and Recovery
- The GSOC of the Future: What’s Next?
- Visitor Management in a Healthcare Environment
- Social Media Investigations: Go Beyond the Big Sites
Click here to register.
Read More Articles Like This… With A FREE Subscription
Campus Safety magazine is another great resource for public safety, security and emergency management professionals. It covers all aspects of campus safety, including access control, video surveillance, mass notification and security staff practices. Whether you work in K-12, higher ed, a hospital or corporation, Campus Safety magazine is here to help you do your job better!