Alabama Universities Change Stadium Security Policies
The two major schools’ policies are nearly identical.
Officials at the University of Alabama and the University of Auburn announced new policies for their stadiums as the football season approaches.
Items permitted by both stadiums are listed below:
- One bag (per person) that is clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC with size restrictions of 12″ by 6″ by 12″
- One-gallon clear plastic Ziploc-type bag (one per person)
- A small clutch purse or wallet that is no larger than 4.5″ by 6.5″
- Binoculars, cameras, and smartphones without large cases.
Items prohibited by both stadiums are listed below:
- Diaper bags
- Backpacks, large purses, or any other bag that is not clear
- More than one large clear bag
The University of Alabama’s Bryant-Denny Stadium has a capacity of 101,821 and Auburn University’s Jordan-Hare Stadium has a capacity of 87,451.
Read More Articles Like This… With A FREE Subscription
Campus Safety magazine is another great resource for public safety, security and emergency management professionals. It covers all aspects of campus safety, including access control, video surveillance, mass notification and security staff practices. Whether you work in K-12, higher ed, a hospital or corporation, Campus Safety magazine is here to help you do your job better!