8 Questions to Ask When Evaluating Security Technology
Asking and getting answers to the following eight questions will help you put your campus on the path to interoperability.
In How Colleges Can Implement Interoperable and Flexible Access Security Technology, we discussed in depth the reasons why adopting interoperable solutions is a wise move. Interoperable technology gives campuses more technology options, can reduce costs, delivers a seamless user experience, offers better security, and more.
The article also discusses how college campuses can move toward interoperability. According to Allegion Business Development Manager Jeff Koziol, asking and getting answers to the following eight questions will help you put your campus on the right path.
- Is this solution open or proprietary?
- How interoperable is it – how many manufacturers support it?
- Can you purchase from multiple distributors or just one?
- How well does that credential – campus badge or mobile credential – play downstream with other devices that would be used for access control?
- Are the credentials secure?
- What are all the touchpoints this access control system needs to activate?
- How does the ecosystem work?
- Is the manufacturer trusted and verifiable?
Leading in Turbulent Times: Effective Campus Public Safety Leadership for the 21st Century
This new webcast will discuss how campus public safety leaders can effectively incorporate Clery Act, Title IX, customer service, “helicopter” parents, emergency notification, town-gown relationships, brand management, Greek Life, student recruitment, faculty, and more into their roles and develop the necessary skills to successfully lead their departments. Register today to attend this free webcast!